Etsy Page

Etsy Preview

Monday, June 2, 2014

Jig heads

So the one thing I have learned through trial and tribulations of owning your own business is being able to adapt. I started out making simple probably not very good quality spinnerbaits. As I learned more about the lure and found different types I evolved. I use a higher quality wire, sharper hooks and better blades. I often find myself in craft stores now looking at the beads and coming with new and exciting ways to make those beads match everything else on the lure. In December a high school friend reached out to me and asked if I would make him 25 buzzbaits. I had never even fished a buzzbait let alone knew what one was. But off to research and develop I did. I now even fish buzzbaits when the opportunity arises. Then came inline spinners. So many people waste their money on roostertail and mepps lures when I have found the mass producing of these lures has caused a decrease in their quality. So I started making my own. Not into trout fishing much anymore since where I live produces more bass and sunfish fishing. Which brings me to my next step in evolution. I will soon be making jig heads. With a great supply of lead at my disposal I will be making jig heads by the hundreds. I have mulled over the idea for sometime now and have always come around to not wanting to change. However the idea has been in my head since I did my first craft fair. A gentleman there said he would by hundreds of jig heads if available. I even wrote it down "jig heads". So soon enough I will be adding them to my etsy page in hopes they sell just as well as the spinnerbaits, inlines and buzzbaits. Just another piece of arsenal gathering in my tackle box :) Who knows maybe my next step will be trolling rigs. Hmm... not a bad idea :) Cheers and keep your lines tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment